Monday, April 25, 2011

Treasured Cookbooks


Some came from yard sales, others were borrowed from family members, yet to be returned, some were gifts that kept adding up.

But I never set out to start a collection of cookbooks; it just kind of happened.

What started as a way for me to learn some much-needed kitchen skills, slowly grew into one of my most treasured collections.

Tattered pages from years of turning to favorite recipes stained with vanilla or some other ingredient fill my mind with visions of favored treats, recipes that our family continues to turn to during the holidays or for any family gathering.

Those handwritten recipes makes me think of special family gatherings, the food and the laughter, loved ones who are no longer with us and how their recipes will always keep their memory alive.

No comments: